Who We Are
Kansas Virtual Academy uses the K12 online curriculum to offer Kansas students in grades K-6 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, Kansas Virtual Academy and K12 provide the tools kids need to succeed - in school and beyond.
Kansas Virtual Academy is one of the fastest growing schools in Kansas. The key to our online school is the combination of deeply individualized learning and flexible scheduling, delivered through:
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, which covers the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this mastery-based curriculum packages high-quality lessons with frequent assessments that ensure students are absorbing the material and concepts.
- Our experienced, highly qualified Kansas-certified teachers, who are connected to you and your student both online and by phone
- The online planning and assessment tools and resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where Kansas parents, students, and staff can socialize and share their experiences
- The high quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a focused, customized learning experience for each student
The mission of Kansas Virtual Academy is to empower students and their parents with an innovative and effective instructional program to achieve high standards and help students reach their full academic and social potential.
Our vision is a high-performance school that equips teachers and parents with the tools of tomorrow, thereby giving our students all the opportunities they need to succeed in life and creating a new model for the 21st-century public school.